Sunday, August 11, 2013

Hard Rock Cafe - Foxwoods

On Friday I went with my cousin, Nicole, to Foxwoods.  We went to play the morning bingo.  It was such a great day even though it poured outside all day.  Bingo was fun, we didn't win, but we brought our snacks, drank the free drinks, and laughed all day.  What's better than that?  Although you can order food from inside the bingo hall, we opted to bring our own snacks and then eat at one of the restaurants after bingo.  We went to some of the shops, played the money wheel, played a few slots, and then it was time to eat.  By the way, Foxwoods will be opening up high-end outlet stores soon.  I prefer Foxwoods, but their dining situation needs to be fixed.  They really don't have any restaurants.  They're all never heard of places.  I feel like Foxwoods is more in touch with it's Indian roots, but then make a cool Indian restaurant that serves updated spins on native recipes.  The only independent restaurants that I've heard of that have a spot at Foxwoods are Juniors (never again) and Hard Rock Cafe.  We chose the Hard Rock.

Upon entering the restaurant, the hostess asked us if we were both over 21.  Now what was the purpose of that?  We didn't sit at the bar, people with kids ate there, I just don't understand the reasoning.  The only thing I could think of is we were seated on the left side of the restaurant and all of the people who had children with them sat on the right side.  Maybe it's a system they have worked out so the waitresses don't have to card people?  I don't know.  We both ordered beverages in souvenir glass.  I had the Singapore Sling and Nic had some tropical drink with a lot of banana in it.  Both were quite refreshing.  Especially after we were assaulted by some crazy man from China.  It was hysterical, though.  To eat, I had the California burger and Nicole had a salad.  My burger was served with lettuce, tomato, cucumber, avocado, monterey Jack cheese, and ranch dressing.  Delicious.  I ordered the burger medium.  It was a little under medium, which is fine with me.  Nicole had a salad with crispy chicken and tortilla strips on top.  She enjoyed her salad and I loved my burger.  It came with seasoned fries.  I love seasoned fries.  They are so much better than plain fries that you have to salt yourself.  It looked like they only gave me about 9 fries, but it was actually better that way.  It helped to control my appetite.  Delish.

Overall, a clean restaurant, a nice waitress, good drinks, good food.  Highly recommend!  Next time you decide to pop the cork and snap your fingers at Foxwoods, stop by the Hard Rock Cafe for a reasonably priced meal.  I'm trying to control myself this week but the next time I take a bite out, I'll keep you informed.

No comments:

Post a Comment