Saturday, June 4, 2016

Bobette's ~ Milford, CT

So I know I haven't blogged in a long time and yes, I have tried new places but a lot has been going on lately.  I wish I had more time to blog.  Plus, I'm the fattest I've ever been in my life.  I need to try to cut down on all of the eating.  That being said, I had to service my car today at Subaru on the Post Road in Milford.  DJ was taking me to go pick up my car when I spotted this little love.  I've always wanted to try but I never knew where exactly it was on the Post Road.  We drove past Bobette's.  On a side note, Bobette is a little pet name that my family has given me so that just made it all the better.

I have nothing but good things to say about Bobette's.  It's just the type of place I always dreamed of owning.  The specialize in soup but have many sandwiches, cold and hot, and salads as well.  I made a mention of the place to Deej and that little darling surprised me with some soup when I got home with my car.  I tried their award winning mussel chowder. D-E-L-I-C-I-O-U-S!  It was a creamy chowder broth with mussels.  The broth was so good.  Enough cream to make it taste good but not so thick that you could stand your spoon up in the middle of the cup.  The potatoes were diced in small chucks with the skin still on for a rustic feel.  The best was the mussels.  I love mussels.  I love all shellfish but mussels are my absolute favorite.  (And those happen to be the cheapest)  This soup had the whole mussel in the broth.  It wasn't chopped up or anything.  It looked like they picked it out of the shell and threw it in the soup.  Loved it!

DJ got the "Roast Beef with Heat."  It's your basic roast beef sub but with their own horseradish sauce.  He devoured it.  He said it was cute inside and the people were friendly.  There were no chairs/tables inside so it's only for takeout.  He did not note if there were picnic benches outside. That could possibly be the only holdup.  It's way out in Milford and it only is for takeout.  Oh well, if the soup is that good in the summer then it must be damn good soup in the winter.  A winner in my book!  They are open M-F 10am-6pm and Sat 11am-4pm.  Their website is bobettes.com - they also offer delivery for a min. $20.  Not sure how far they would be willing to drive.
I loved it!  It may be a while until I post about my next bite.  Until then!  Happy Eating! 

No comments:

Post a Comment