Monday, July 28, 2014

6-8 Antonio's Restaurant - Woodbridge, CT

Well it's been quite a bit longer than 6-8 weeks but we definitely made up for it with a great night!  This night I wanted to move the location away from the Q Bridge.  I had originally wanted to go to the Twisted Vine in Derby but they are closed on Monday so then we had to go to plan b.  Not literally Plan B, but to a second option.  I chose Antonio's in Woodbridge.  When I interned at Beecher we had ordered food from there and I remembered it being good and I thought it was still close to my friends that live in Orange and the Valley.  Excellent choice.  Their website is not a good reference.  First of all, it says that they are closed on Mondays but they are obviously not, and the menu online did not match the menu in the restaurant.  The website does not do the food justice.  It was fabulous! I highly recommend it!!  It's right on Amity Road.  Other than I drove by it the first time, it's very convenient to get to.

When we first walked in, bread, olives, hot peppers, and humus were on the table.  They also had butter and olive oil on the table- always a plus!  A delicious little pre-meal treat.  Some ordered appetizers.  The waitress was very nice and so was the bus boy.  He reminded me of the long-haired brother in "Don't Tell Mom the Babysitter's Dead" who was also in "Adventures in Babysitting" he played the brother.  Bay tried the mozzarella en carozza, Amy had bruschetta, and I'm not sure if the opposite end of the table ordered anything.  I tried the mozzarella - which is basically a grilled cheese with mooz and sauce on top.  Phenomenal!  Even the sauce was delicious!  Amy enjoyed the bruschetta but I did not try it.  I'm not too much a fan of raw tomatoes.

For our meal choices- Many chose the ravioli in a penne alla vodka sauce, others chose this chicken dish with prosciutto and mooz.  I forget what it was called but it was not on the website menu.  I was torn and asked the waitress for assistance.  I ended up getting the Salmon.  Oh my word was it good.  It was breaded and pan seared.  A sauce of some type was on the top and it was served on top of a sweet pea risotto.  That was my first experience with risotto.  It was like butta.  Melted in my mouth.  I even took home the leftover because it was so good, I couldn't see it go in the garbage.  They also served mashed potatoes and vegetables family style for the table.  No one ordered dessert but most of us ordered  a hot beverage of some type.  I had a cappuccino.  Also fabulous.  We left around 9 o'clock and had a great time!  A lot of laughs and a lot of good food.  I would love to go there again some time soon.  I highly recommend it to anyone!  They also serve pizza - just fyi.  Our next stop will bring another blog- The Dew Drop Inn.  Stay tuned!  Until my next bite...

P.S.- Crown Fried Chicken on Main Street across from Valero is quite good.

No comments:

Post a Comment