Monday, August 18, 2014

A Pit Stop at the Dew Drop!

Today a few brave souls ventured to the Dew Drop Inn for lunch.  The Dew Drop Inn is located in Derby and is a "biker bar."  I've seen and read many things on Facebook about how wonderful the food and especially, the wings, are.  I tried to go a few months ago with D.J. but we were intimidated by the ambiance and the row of motorcycles parked in front of the building, which looked like a literal hole in the wall.  I told some of my fellow dinner companions about this experience.  Two of these companions had sisters who had been there and loved it, and others had heard about the delicious wings.  We had decided that we should go together; strength in numbers.  I felt as though a quick lunch would be better than going at night for dinner.  A Monday at 12:30 seemed like a safe time to go.

We met outside the bar near the street.  The parking situation isn't that great unless you have a motorcycle.  There are some spaces but they were all full.  We parked on the street and in the vacant lot across the street.  From the outside, it does not appear very attractive.  The bottom of the building is brick while the top has bluish siding.  There are two doors that you can walk in and once you do, the bar is right in front of you.  It is a large L or U shaped bar.  I can't remember if it had two sides or not.  To the right there are some high-top tables.  Luckily they had a few tables that could accommodate a larger group.  There were 6 of us who made it to this pit stop.  Of course we generated some question marks in the minds of the "regular" Dew Droppers but hey, there we were.  It was dark inside- the walls looked like dark wood, the lighting was dim, and there were a few pictures on the wall.  It was a clean place and the staff were very nice.

Monday is half price wing day- who knew!?  So we took advantage of this and ordered 6 wings.  We ordered two of the hot buffalo wings, teriyaki, cajun butter, honey bbq, and taco.  I'm a classic buffalo wing kind of girl so naturally, the hot wings were my favorite.  Although they weren't very hot.  You're talking to a group of women who ate the ghost pepper salsa.  We can do hot.  So maybe we'll try the kick-ass wings.  I liked the buffalo the best, the cajun, the teriyaki, the taco and then the bbq.  I'm not much of a fan of bbq sauce in general.  We ate the 6 wings, Bay had buffalo tenders, we frips (cross between a fry and chip), fried green beans, and curly fries.  Delicious!!!!  Everything was great!!

There we were- 6 "preppy" ladies COVERED in sauce.  We were licking our fingers, passing wings, dipping in blue cheese- Just fabulous.  5 alcoholic beverages and the total was $20 a person.  Not bad at all!  Of course we ordered 6 wings because it was half price, but I think it was a steal either way.  We stayed and chatted for a while and just had an all around good experience!  Our waitress was very nice and even took a picture for us.  When we left some more of the "rough" customers started to come in.  I would still be a bit weary about going in the evening but at least I can say I was there and I loved it!  And if I ever go there some day and don't want to stay there, I'll place my order.  They have about two dozen different types of wings, apps, burgers, sandwiches, and salads.  Full bar - many different beers on tap - and very cute mason jar glasses and bottled water.

It was my first time to a "biker bar" and I loved it!  I would recommend to go during lunch hours and if you decide to go during the evening, maybe wear black and a bandana.  Don't wear anything from the Loft, the Gap, or J Crew.  It was a lot of fun and I can't wait to go back!  Until my next bite....

No comments:

Post a Comment