Monday, April 8, 2013

Bridgeport Flyer/Archie Moore's

I don't have too much to say about either of the two restaurants so I decided to combine them.  Saturday I went out to breakfast with DJ.  We were thinking about going to Cracker Barrel but then we wanted to go somewhere different.  I had been to the Bridgeport Flyer once a long time ago.  DJ said he was willing to try, so we went.  The Bridgeport Flyer is a diner in the Devon section of Milford.  (After the McDonald's a little before the bridge into Stratford.)

I thought for sure that it wouldn't be too busy, but I was wrong.  There were a few parties ahead of us when we arrived.  It didn't take long at all to get seated and once we did, people were still pouring in the diner.  The breakfast menu was decent.  They had all of your usuals- pancakes, waffles, french toast, eggs, omelets, and they had blintzes.  I was in the mood for pancakes.  I went very simple.  I had a short stack of buttermilk pancakes with sausage.  The pancakes were phenomenal.  They were so tasty.  I am very particular about my pancakes and I don't use syrup so they can't be too dry.  No issues with these pancakes.  I did order extra butter but that's just because they were so darn good.  I didn't like the sausage.  I wanted some type of meat but I wasn't feeling bacon and ham is hit or miss.  They were big fat links.  So unappetizing.  Not only were they big links, but they were still stuck  together.  Just not for me.  Great pancakes, stinky sausage.  DJ had a western omelet with toast and homefries  He liked it.  I had some coffee and OJ.  It was all very good.  I recommend the BPF.  I want to go back for dinner/lunch.

This is really not a "review" of Archie Moore's, more like a complaint.  Every time I go to Archie Moore's, I ALWAYS get that gross piece of chicken.  I am afraid to order the chicken from Archie's, its best-selling product.  Archie's is a staple so I will be returning there, especially because of the nice weather, but I am not ordering any chicken sandwich or tenders.  I was thinking about getting the ft. long Hummel hot dog and that's what I should've gotten. 

Tonight for dinner I made tilapia.  I was very simple and very good.  I put tilapia pieces on a cookie tray that was greased.  I put salt and pepper on both sides.  On the top of the fish I sprinkled a little garlic powder, put an onion slice, a lemon slice, capers, parsley and a drizzle of olive oil.  I baked it in the oven at 420 degrees for about 20 minutes.  Very light, very good.  That's all I have for now.  Until my next eat...

No comments:

Post a Comment