Monday, June 10, 2013

Jazzed Up Shrimp

This is going to be a short post.  Like I said, I've been dining out less so there hasn't been a steady flow of posts.  I'm hoping to hit up some spots all over the state this summer.  So I already blogged once before about my shrimp and spinach scampi, but tonight I made something a little bit different.  Nothing drastic but absolutely delicious.

I started off with the olive oil and butter.   Let that bubble then add minced garlic.  Swirl it around a few times and add some red pepper flakes.  Then I added the shrimp.  I sprinkled the shrimp salt and pepper.  Once the shrimp is almost completely pink, Add some white wine to the mix.  Let that come up to a boil to cook away the alcohol.  I then added capers, marinated artichoke hearts, and green beans.  Let everything come up to temperature.  I added 2 ladles of pasta water and then added the pasta.  I used angel hair tonight because that's what I had.  You, obviously, can use whatever you like.  I have to say, I enjoy angel hair. I know not everyone does (particularly the people in my family) but I love it.  It's so light and delicate that it didn't take away from the shrimp, artichokes, and green beans.  I could not believe how great it tasted with a slight change of ingredients.

I also want to mention that I had planned to make a salad and put grilled shrimp on it.  When I got home from work; however, it was raining and my dad had the air conditioner blasting all day.  I had no desire to put my beautiful little shrimps (I know the plural is shrimp but because of "The Birdcage" I always say shrimps in the voice of Agador) on cold and wet salad.  I kept a little veg with artichoke and green beans.  I just can't help it.  I love shrimp over pasta.  I think it is my absolute favorite thing to eat.  Seafood and pasta is a fabulous combination.  I think the slight tang of the vinegar in the capers and artichoke marinade really made it taste all the better.  It was simple and quick to make on a Monday night.  By time the water was boiled and the pasta was cooked, we were ready to eat.  Highly recommend!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment