Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Jimmy's Apizza - Milford

Tonight was just not a good night for shopping.  I tried to buy a birthday gift, couldn't find what I wanted, had to go all around town, and then when I went to Momo for dinner, problems rose again.  There were two nice tables that could fit 4 people as soon as you walk in the door.  The waiter said we could sit in this corner booth, one of those booths that has multiple tables at it with chairs on the other side.  The other option was the sushi bar.  I don't know what came over me.  I just said "No.  I don't want to eat here."  I turned and left.  We proceeded down the post road calling out different places as we passed them.  I had mentioned going back to Milford for Jimmy's.  DJ was in agreement so that's where we headed.

We walked into Jimmy's and were met with the opposite of Momo.  The waitress said- sit wherever you'd like.  We perused through the menu and spotted this lovely specialty pizza.  Now DJ and I do not have similar tastes when it comes to pizza.  Some things we both like but lots of things only one of us likes.  Jimmy's has pizza, subs, apps, salads, and a few pasta dishes.  They have an extensive list of specialty pizzas.  The one that caught my eye was the chicken parmigiana pizza.  Normally, I wouldn't order a pizza with chicken on it... I don't know.  For some reason it doesn't seem right; however, I do love a good chicken parm.  I had some concerns that it would be grilled chicken but to my shock and surprise, it was a chicken cutlet.

This pizza was fab-u-lous.  The chicken was crispy and flavorful, the mozzarella was perfectly melted, and all of the flavors blended well together.  I added a little red pepper flakes and Parmesan cheese to mine.  I loved it.  I still don't really believe in putting chicken on pizza, but check out this pizza from Jimmy's.  It's called the Hogan.  The two of us polished off the entire pizza.  I highly recommend!!  What a nice way to end the night.  Until my next bite...

No comments:

Post a Comment