Sunday, June 30, 2013

Duffy's Last Day o' School!

School is finally over for the year!  We went over to the best place to celebrate- Duffy's.  I was worried that we wouldn't have a table when we first got there but luckily the staff was very accommodating.  They pulled over two of their larger tables and we were all able to sit together.  I started off the day with a nice ice cold bloody.  It's just from a bottle but let me tell you, it's delicious.  A nice celery stalk, green olives, and lemon wedge.  We all toasted to the end of a great year and the hopes of great year ahead.

It's a tradition of many of the teachers to order a tuna melt on the last day.  The tuna melt is very good from Duffy's, but I'm yet to join in the tuna melt tradition.  It's served on an English muffin with a slice of tomato and melted cheese on top.  The fries at Duffy's are great.  I'm so happy that they changed them from the steak fries.  Most ordered the tuna melt, some ordered the lobster grilled cheese, and I ordered the French dip with melted cheese.  The lobster grilled cheese has havarti cheese and from what I'm told, is delicious.  I loved my French dip.  I wish there was a little more dip.  They give you a huge bulky sandwich and this dainty little cup in which to dip your sandwich.  It tastes great though.  We didn't order anything else.  I know I was a little stuffed from the pizza truck we had at school during the day.  Great tradition.

On another Duffy's note, I went there earlier in the week for dinner.  I ordered one of their specials- salmon with cucumber wasabi and avocado salsa.  It was delicious.  At first I didn't think that it worked well- two worlds colliding, but then it did.  It was very very good.  It came with soup or salad.  Of course, I ordered the soup (Rhode Island clam chowder).  It also came with a choice of side.  I ordered the baked potato because I'm trying to watch my intake of food.  The baked potato was as hard as your head so I didn't eat any of it.  The salmon itself was filling enough.  I was happy with my meal, but if you want to actually eat your side, don't order the baked potato.  DJ ordered the Godfather Melt.  I've had it before.  It is delicious.  A cheeseburger on toast with bacon and some other lovely things.  Duffy's is a favorite of mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment