Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Ann's Surprise Bash

On Sunday I went to a surprise party for my co-worker and friend, Ann.  The weather was stinky but the rain held out while I was there.  Amy and I arrived before Ann did.  It was funny at first because we walked into the backyard and did not recognize a soul.  No one seemed to even notice us but we felt like cookout crashers, so we went around to the front door.  Finally we found some Washington people!  As we sat there chatting, Ann's husband, Barry, was running all around.  He is a chef and certainly displayed his cooking skills at Ann's party.  Tray after tray was getting pumped out of the kitchen.  Ann arrived and we were able to dig into the food.

Barry made trays of chicken parm, eggplant rollatini, meatballs, sausage and peppers, penne alla vodka, salad, tuna macaroni salad, potato salad, and what some were calling "chicken marsala" but I don't think it was chicken marsala.  I think it was more of a chicken piccata because there were capers and it seemed to have a little coating on it.  I ate at 2:30 that day and did not eat again until the next morning.  The food was delicious.  My personal favorites were the chicken piccata, meatballs, and tuna macaroni salad.  Everything was tasty but those were especially noteworthy.  The meatballs were great - they blew Lorenzo's out of the water.  I would love it if Ann invited me to her house for meatball parm subs one night.

Ann informed me that Barry now has a food truck that will hopefully be up and running very soon.  The truck is going to be named WTF- Wrap That Food.  I can't wait for the truck to be up and running.  I hope that it is parked on Brown Street on Fridays so that finally we can get a treat.  Lunch time is always when I seem to miss Haley.  If Barry's WTF truck is as good as the food at Ann's surprise bash, he'll be the next person you see on Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives!

Summer vacation is here and my goal is to go to a new restaurant every week.  Here's a list of places hope to soon try/return to are: The Guilford Mooring, The Place, Abbott's, Campania.  If any intrigue you, let me know and you can help me blog!  Until my next bite....

No comments:

Post a Comment