Saturday, May 11, 2013

Texas Roadhouse Catering

So this week that just passed was Teacher Appreciation Week.  On Thursday, my principal bought lunch for the Washington staff.  I wasn't sure what he was going to get; I assumed he would order pasta and meatballs but I was pleasantly surprised when I went to the staff room (and not by the extra people in the staff room).  He ordered a tray of their house salad (with ranch dressing), chicken caesar salad, pulled pork, and rolls.

Of course I had a little of everything.  I think it's wonderful that Texas Roadhouse caters.  I love TRH.  Some people don't like it but I think it is so much better than Outback, or any other chain steakhouse.  I like their salad.  It does have egg in it, so if you don't like hard boiled eggs, don't get it.  The chicken caesar salad was also very tasty.  The grilled strips of chicken were a nice size.  Some places have that gross chicken, like the perdue shortcuts, and some places barely have any chicken.  TRH has large pieces of chicken spread throughout.  The pulled pork was wonderful.  The pork was so flavorful and tender.  I suppose if you wanted to you could've put the pork on the rolls, but then you don't get to use the sweet butter.  Very very good.

That was the best lunch I've ever had at Washington.  The Roly Poly we had the next day was gross.  All veggies, little meat, and what meat there was was all slimey.  Next time you want to throw a party and don't know who you should have cater it... consider Texas Roadhouse.  Thanks, Mr. Lopes.  Until my next bite...

No comments:

Post a Comment