Saturday, February 16, 2013

Chip's in the Blizzard

As long as it's daytime, I love to venture out in the snow.  I really love to venture out in all types of bad weather.  It probably began when my Uncle Paul used to come and pick my mom, brother, and I up to go "cane hunting" or driving around in Vermont in the snow.  We had just shoveled out my car when I noticed on facebook that Chip's was open for business.  We packed up Stella (my Subaru) and ventured out to Orange.  It was a difficult ride; Kelsey Ave wasn't plowed, Sawmill was, and so was the Post Road.  It was worse on the way home because we chose to go Marsh Hill Rd to Woodmont to Jones Hill to Platt to Kelsey.

When we got there I was so excited!  I ordered my coffee and water and the chicken fajita wrap.  That is a fabulous wrap.  The salsa is delicious.  I'm not sure if it's in-house made or what, but it is delicious.  Chicken, onion, peppers, and cheese- can't go wrong.  The fries and coleslaw were tasty as well.  My brother ordered the Mediterranean panini- grilled chicken, mooz, roasted peppers, and pesto sauce.  He enjoyed it.  My mother went with Pepe's special which is oatmeal, egg whites, and a fruit cup.  There may have been an English muffin but I can't remember.  She said it was too much food but that it was all good.  My dad ordered a Belgian waffle with blueberries on it.  Chip's was a hit with all of us.  I love a good Chip's run.  It's a great restaurant.  Until my next bite...

No comments:

Post a Comment