Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Lisiano's

Tonight was a crummy night.  Plans for the "new" girls' night were cancelled, but I thought I would still drag my mother out with me.  I had to run a few errands, and why not grab a bite while you're out running errands.  The first place we went to was Christmas Tree Shops.  I like to go there when I'm planning to eat out because there are many restaurants I enjoy in that area.  I was in the mood for Italian, so it came down to Lisiano's or Gabriele's.  To be perfectly honest, I chose Lisiano's because I already blogged about Gabriele's.  There will eventually be repeat restaurants but no repeat dishes.

We arrived at Lisiano's and we were the only two there.  It upset me to see how empty the restaurant was.  Lisiano's is a very good restaurant.  It's in the plaza with Clockwork Comics in Orange.  (Near Starbucks)  It's a cute little restaurant.  It has an "at home" feel to it.  There are quite a few tables in the front of the restaurant and the kitchen is in the back.  You can see into the back quite clearly.  They also have a television in the kitchen that you can see at times.  Eating dinner while watching Jeopardy always makes me feel at home.  It's nicely decorated.

We had a nice young waiter.   He gave us some bread when we sat down.  The bread is delicious.  Fresh baked, you can tell.  I also enjoy that they have olive oil on the table.  I'm not a big fan of buttering my bread.  I'd much rather dip it in olive oil.  The next thing we ordered was the chicken tortellini soup.  The best.  The absolute best.  Usually when you order chicken tortellini soup in a restaurant, they put a few tortellini in chicken broth.  Not at Lisiano's.  They have the tortellini, pieces of chicken, and vegetables.  The broth is so flavorful.  I could seriously go there and just eat soup and bread.  Divine.  I want to do that one night.  I want to go to a restaurant- any restaurant- and just order different cups of soup.  That would be so great in my opinion.

For dinner, I ordered eggplant rollatini.  It was very good.  There were two eggplant rolls stuffed with ricotta and mozzarella served over penne.  It was a large portion and the sauce is very good.  I took one eggplant and some penne home with me.  My mom ordered chicken lisiano.  It was chicken with mushrooms, potatoes, peas, and onions with a touch of tomato sauce.  She said it was okay.  I don't really like to order chicken any more.  One too many times of getting that hard or gross piece of chicken.  She didn't have any gross pieces, she just said she wasn't crazy for it.  It was good but just good.  The chicken was also served over penne. 

The meal was good.  A bit pricey.  With the tip, it cost $50.  We did get two entrees and soup (which is separate) and two drinks, but a little much.  I've gone there before and have always been satisfied.  I've also ordered the shrimp fra diavolo and the calamari fra diavolo.  I ordered meatballs one time.  I can't remember with what.  The meatballs were not my cup of tea, then again, I'm very particular about meatballs.  They had an odd taste.  Almost a sweet taste.  They also offer squash flowers as an appetizer, which is a rarity.  But anyway, It was a bit pricey.  Although, I believe Gabriele's would have been more expensive.  I recommend it.  It's a very low-key and quiet place during the week.  It was pretty crowded when I've been there on the weekend, but I was able to get seated right away.  I wonder if people just don't think of going there.  It's a pretty good place.  I will definitely go back.  I don't know about my mom but part of me just thinks she said it was bad because she wanted to Gabriele's.  Don't tell her I said that though.  Until my next bite...

No comments:

Post a Comment