Sunday, February 17, 2013

Seabreeze Pizza Plus

Last night was the fourth time I had been to Seabreeze Pizza Plus in Milford.  I always drive by the building on Seabreeze Ave and was always curious about the food.  It's been a few other places but right now, it's Seabreeze.  I asked DJ to be a brave soul and try it with me.  We went once in the beginning of the summer- just the two of us.  We also went with another adventurous couple, Andrew and Esther.  On both of those occasions we were able to just walk in and get seated.  Then we tried to introduce it to DJ's brother and soon-to-be-sister-in-law, and could not get a table.  When we walked in, the waitress looked at us like we had 7 heads when we said we didn't have reservations.  Needless to say, we weren't seated and ordered two pizzas to go.  Last night I felt in the mood to go there so I had DJ make a reservation to avoid any problems.  We walked in at just about 6:30 (reservations were made for 6:30). 

The same waitress as last time asked us if we had reservations.  DJ said yes- for 6:30.  They were baffled when he said this.  Oh I don't think so.  I don't remember at DJ they said.  But sure enough, they checked and we did.  They were friendly the rest of the night but are you kidding me?  Who the f-- hell are you to say we didn't make reservations?  Typical Milford assholes.  People think I'm crazy sometimes but being a kid from West Haven, you loathe Milford people.  They think they are wonderful.  For what reason?  You are sandwiched between West Haven and Stratford.  Give me a break.  Unless you live in one of the mansions near the beach, don't give me that crap that you're rich.  If you were smart and rich, you'd be living in a much more prestigious town with more land.  I'm a fan of The Good Earth.  Wealth comes from, and is shown by, the land you own.  If my blog goes big, I'll move to Darien, Westport, Guilford, Cheshire, or Madison before I go to Milford.  Now if it doesn't go big and I just continue to be a teacher, I may want to live in Milford.  It will be a moment of defeat but what can I say?  I wish there would be a mayor who would literally clean up West Haven.  It has so much potential.  There is the beach that begins to crap up as soon as you hit the People's Bank plaza, the beautiful wooded areas on Forest Road and near Carrigan.  UNH is a thriving university but is located in the heart of the ghetto.  West Haven is a great community!  We need more businesses, cleaner streets, and attractive properties rather than abandoned factory buildings, homes in need of a paint job, and countless dollar stores.  Nothing says class like a bar and a dollar store next to each other.  This is heading in another direction.  I'll stop and get back to the bites.

Seabreeze is really a nice place and the food is very good.  I just think that they have been incredibly rude the most recent 2/4 times I've been there.  If you want to go, I suggest making a reservation.  It's BYOB which is always a plus in my mind.  The inside of it is very small.  I think there are about 8 tables.  It also seems like everyone who goes in there knows each other, which is nice if you're in the know.  Apparently if you're an outsider, you're treated like crap.  The first time I went, I ordered the mussels praiano.  Mussels, hot Italian sausage, peppers, onions, garlic over pasta.  Very tasty.  Cheese garlic bread- fabulous.  The second time we had pizza.  It is a thin crust pizza.  I prefer thin crust so it's perfect for me.  The third time we had pizza to-go.  1 was sausage and peppers (my pizza) and the other was buffalo chicken (an absolute sin in my opinion).  This last time I ordered the short ribs Bolognese.  It was very good.  The meat was sweet and tender, covered in tomato sauce, and served over fettuccine.  It reminded me of my mom's meat sauce.  It seemed a little foolish to order that because I could just make it at home.  When I go out to eat, I try to order things that I don't usually make at home.  But if you're not a cook and you don't see mom anymore, it's a good choice.  DJ ordered pizza.  He had a meatball.  I had to try it for my blog of course.  The pizza was fabulous.  There was a family of 4 that had a large cheese pizza that looked amazing. 

The season of Lent has begun.  Even though I don't consider myself a huge meat-eater, I always want meat on Friday during lent.  Another crazy quirk about me, I like to order food loaded with meat when it is not Friday.  It's almost as if I want to get it out of my system before Friday rolls around.  I always think it's a waste to have a meatless meal on another night of the week during lent.  That never really works, so I should probably stop doing that.  I will share my meatless take-out in another blog.

To sum up, Seabreeze is a small restaurant that produces yummy food.  It's nicer to go to in the summertime because they have outdoor seating.  Regardless of the time of year, or the size of your party, make reservations!  It's a cheerful place once you're in the "in-crowd."  It's BYOB with a corking fee.  They also offer a variety of Stewart's sodas and canned soda- regular and diet.  The pizza is thin crust and very good.  They offer regular toppings and have a few specialty pizzas.  They have a selection of appetizers and entrees.  I find it to be vegetarian-friendly or Catholic lenten Friday friendly.  And if you've read this far, Here's my proposition- a group of us should go there on a regular basis.  Let's take this place over Westie style.  Let us be the ones in the in-crowd.  Let us be the ones to curl our noses up!  6-8 weeks?  Here's the website:   http://www.seabreezepizzaplus.com/menu.html
Until my next bite....

No comments:

Post a Comment