Thursday, March 7, 2013

Duffy's

Tonight the new girls' night got together for Judy's birthday.  We wanted something good but didn't feel like going out to a restaurant.  We wanted to be able to sit, open presents, and just relax.  I don't know if anyone else feels this way but to me, it's been a very exhausting week.  I'm not looking forward to "springing ahead" this weekend.  So we ended up ordering takeout from Duffy's.  It was delicious.  The wait was 25 minutes, which I thought was perfect.  I went to pick up the food with Lindsey.  We were instructed to pick our food up at the bar.

I just love Duffy's.  It is such a clean restaurant.  You can tell that the owners care about their business and want to succeed.  It's exactly how you would picture an Irish pub; It's warm, bright, cozy, and full of life.  We told the bartender that we were there to pick up a to-go order.  The bartender is so nice.  I think his name is JR?  Not junior but J-R.  While we were waiting for our food to come out, we decided to order a nice bloody Mary.  It just hit the spot!  The two of us guzzled our bloodies down just in time for the food to be delivered.  The owner's brother (I think) also came out and said hello.  Very good.  It's a great restaurant that appreciates your business. 

We brought the food back home and opened up the bags.  Nicely stocked.  We were given napkins, plasticware, mustard packs, and ketchup packs.  I ordered the Godfather Melt.  It was a hamburger on delicious white toast with American and cheddar cheese, onions, bacon, and their house dressing.  I'm not sure what the dressing is but it's creamy.  Delish.  It was also very filling.  It came with fries, which are also good.  I remember when Duffy's used to serve the big, fat steak fries.  Those were terrible.  I'm so happy they decided to change them up.  Lindsey ordered the same thing and was also pleased.  My mom ordered the Cabo burger, which is a turkey burger with avocado salsa, lettuce, and tomato.  She was pleased with her burger.  She was looking for something healthier and this fit the bill.  She said that it was much lighter than a beef burger.  She said it would have been better if there was less bread.  Maybe a toast or soft hamburger bun.  Judy ordered the Duffy burger.  The Duffy burger is a regular burger with American cheese, onions, peppers, mushrooms, lettuce, and tomato.  A classic standby for Judy.  She asked for no mushrooms but there were some on her burger.  She was able to take them off and still enjoyed it.

After we finished our meal we threw the garbage back in the bag and into the garbage pail.  Easy clean up and an overall satisfying meal.  I can't wait for the warmer weather so I can go sit on the Duffy's patio.  That's all I have for tonight.  Until my next bite...

No comments:

Post a Comment