Thursday, March 21, 2013

Gabriele's Comfort Food

Today was a very stressful day.  I needed to cure my blues with some shopping and food.  My mom agreed to go with me.  I went to the Loft and Barnes and Noble.  We were going to get something simple like Chip's.  Something with flare like On the Border, but we decided tonight was a night for Gabriele's.  It was a wise decision.  It was still somewhat early when we got there.  There were only two other tables filled.  The specials list looked fantastic.  I was thinking of ordering several different things off the menu but then I decided to order from the regular menu.

We started with bread dipped in olive oil with grated cheese and hot pepper.  Then came salad.  Mom had oil and vinegar, I had creamy garlic.  Delicious!  That could have been my meal right there; Bread with creamy garlic dressing.  Our waitress was very nice.  She spoke with an accent, which made everything feel more authentic.  I ordered the NY Steak Gabriele.  Fabulous!  It was a steak in a sherry sauce with mushrooms, artichoke hearts, and mozzarella.  Oh I loved every minute of it.  It just melted in my mouth.  I got a little side of pasta.  Very good.  Mom ordered the salmon off of the specials.  It was salmon with tomatoes, capers, and onions over spinach.  She loved hers as well.  It was a great meal that cheered me up for a few hours.  I'll need a cup of tea to get me through the rest of the night.

I don't have too much else to say other than the steak Gabriele is like butter.  Melts in your mouth.  So flavorful, so tasty, and so tender.  The meat was cooked with a decent amount of pink.  Very good.  Another great meal from Gabriele's.  Until my next bite..

No comments:

Post a Comment